The Committee welcomes new members and is grateful for people willing to volunteer to help maximise fund raising efforts for the annual dinner. We require a commitment to and passion for helping raise funds for the Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick. Please note that the Sydney Kids Committee is an all-volunteer committee and there are no paid roles.
We value people with:
- A ‘can do’ approach to working on a volunteer fund raising committee
- A love of helping improve the care of sick babies and children
Expectations of Committee Members
- Attend monthly meetings to help with event planning and fund raising activities (eg. contacting donors, administration, sourcing and negotiating venue hire)
- Meetings are held the 4th Tuesday evening of each month, starting at 6.30pm and finishing at approximately 8.30pm. Some meetings closer to fund raising events may go later into the evening and additional meetings may be scheduled.
- Be an active contributor to the committee meetings by sharing skills or knowledge applicable to the activities of the committee (eg social media & marketing, financial planning, event management)
- Attend the annual fund raising event to provide support throughout the evening until approximately midnight (eg venue set up, selling raffle tickets, co-ordinating fund raising activities, venue pack up)
Please attach a cover letter and any other supporting material